During quarantine, I decided to up my fitness game. I was in the midst of a 21 Day Challenge from IG fitness guru Angoswede and wanting to lower my body fat percentage. I was doing well up until the middle of July. In January I was 172lbs which is the heaviest, I’ve ever been. By the end of the challenge the weight went down to 158 and by July down to 154. But my Birthday came and here we are in August and the eating was already out of control.
Enter Chloe Ting!
Her videos found me on YouTube because the algorithm keeps judging lol. But I watched a ton of the reviews and results video of her program. Then decided to do the full 2 week shred challenge. You can find the program here: https://www.chloeting.com/program/2019/two-weeks-shred-challenge.html
It’s the shortest of her challenges and the most reviewed on YouTube. I really appreciate all the free content the fitness content creators make!
I started the 2 week shred on August 3rd and completed it on August 16th. I won’t leave too many boring details here, you can watch the video below.
But I will share my key take aways:
- Documenting your food intake is really important while on a fitness journey. It will ensure that you are in a caloric deficit.
- Completing some form of workout everyday is possible AND easier if you have a written plan.
- Chloe Ting is a really fun and enthusiastic instructor, I recommend her, 10 out of 10.
- I WILL NOT get shredded in two weeks…unless I am losing a ton of water weight??
- I will not get ABS in two weeks…PERIOD.
- You can form a habit in less than 21 days. I did with this challenge.
- Documenting your workouts can help with maintaining accountability to yourself 🙂 .
If you were looking for a sign to jump start your fitness, this is it!
Side-note: I love and believe in people getting signs, but am really bad paying attention to my own. But this post might be inspiration.
I will continue working since I am not at my goal body yet. But will use video from other YouTubers that also incorporate dumbbells. I remember when I lived in South Korea I would do the Zuzka Light and Blogilates workout videos. They were fun and effective. Check those out too if you are looking for suggestions.
Maybe I will do weekly updates on my fitness journey here? We will see 🙂
Anyway, let me know if you are trying to get fit in 2020. Eating a healthy diet and working out everyday is about the only thing we can control now in 2020. Stay motivated!
Until next time!